The night sky on February 26, 2009 from La Ensenada Lodge located on the Gulf of Nicoya in Costa Rica. The camera was set to shoot a sequence of images every 30 seconds all night and the results were turned into this video.
The prominent objects in order of appearance are:
- Canopus is the bright star at right center at the start of the night.
- The red nebula Eta Carina rises out of the cloud next.
- The southern cross follows next.
- When the southern cross gets high you can see the coal sack beside it.
- Some of our fellow observers makesa cameo appearances with their red lights as they sets up.
- After some clouds cross the central bulge of the milky way comes up.
- Look for the dark rift in the milky way next
- Dawn ends a great night
Copyright 2009- W. John McDonald