David Gibbons presents this week's computer imaging and printing news:
1. Printer manufacturers are hoping the 1.2 billion apps downloaded last week will get people printing more in 2012.
2. Researchers say one sector of the inkjet printing market will grow more than 16% over the next 5 years.
3. Canon has won a legal battle against a number of cartridge manufacturers and distributors based in Japan, who had imported and sold patent infringing products made in Hong Kong.
4. Actor Ben Stein has filed a breach-of-contract complaint against Kyocera Mita America for $300,000.
5. Fuji Xerox, Samsung, Epson and OKI are targeting Small to Medium Businesses, also known as SMBs. They have all launched new printers in the last week.
6. intellectual property lawyer Helen Duan who shares her view on counterfeit cartridges, and what the print consumables industry should be doing about it?