This tutorial is about what causes DSLR timelapse flicker and what we can do to minimize it. Here's a quick overview:
1. Most common source: Automatic settings
- Overcome by shooting in full manual mode
2. Secondary mechanical source: Aperture flicker
- Shoot at low f-stops (wider apertures = less exposure variations)
- Use a manual lens
- Trick your camera into thinking your automatic lens is manual (lens twist)
3. Secondary mechanical source: Shutter flicker
- Shoot at slow speeds ( under 1/100th of a second)
4. Utilizing priority modes for scenes with changing light
- We will get flicker but we can correct with deflickering software
- Cover your eyepiece
- Bulb ramping
Hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have other tips or experiences.
Subscribe to stay up to date on new tutorials.
Learn more and see what's new at: LearnTimelapse.com
Music: Our Ego [Feat. Different Visitor] by Broke For Free is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. freemusicarchive.org/music/Broke_For_Free/Slam_Funk/Broke_For_Free_-_S...