Melissa Hoffmann, Editorial and Content Director with PR News and I sat down to have a "fireside chat" about storytelling, branding, and what it takes to get seen and heard in today's marketplace.
In this rapid-fire conversation, I answer:
• What is storytelling?
• What are the most important points of a story?
• How much can a brand story stretch?
• What if you have a boring brand?
• What’s the worst cliché you’ve ever heard?
• How and why is storytelling important for CEOs?
• What are the metrics of effective storytelling?
• What’s the greatest mistake storytellers make today?
• What is “the biggest misconception” impacting brands and stories?
• When does storytelling become "storyselling"?
• How do you sell ice?
All prepration for the PR News Platinum Awardsa Gala in NYC where I will be keynoting.