Library Video Assignment: Watch this video on Books and Browsing. Then respond to the directions below.
1. Peruse the Surveyor library catalog, looking for a book related to our class topic; the book could be on film noir specifically, on film theory/history in general, on American culture during WWII or the Cold War, or on any other topic that seems relevant to interpreting these films
Here is our "How Do I?" page, in case you need guidance:
2. Navigate the library catalog using search terms, subject and author links, and any of the refinement tools on the right-hand side.
3. Select a book that is available here at the Gelman Library. Use the Call Number listed under "Item Availability" to locate the book in the stacks.
For help on locating a book with a call number:
4. Go to that section and browse. Look around. Skim through some of the books before making your final selection.
5. Check your book out at the circulation desk and bring it to our library session on Wednesday.
6. (250-300 words) Reflect on your catalog search. Describe specific strategies (failed or successful) that you used to find your book. What section did your book seem to be in?
Any interesting or informative books nearby? What information did you glean by skimming through some of these nearby books?