About the project
Schools from different areas will be involved in the eTwinning project in order to make short films. Each school will make 2 or 3 videos a school year, so we will have enough time to do the videos. The videos would be up to 4 minutes long, the topics would be from general ones as introducing the country we come from to the topics concerning free time, culture, sport, school and so on. The topics will be given, but the way it is worked is up to everyone – it can be a short film with actors, documentary or educational film, animated film… All the films will be in English or in any other language, but with English subtitles.
An official website about the project will be made. There will be film “festivals” at each school, where the pupils can watch the videos prepared by the partners (by the use of projectors, interactive boards, TV or computer screen). The videos can be also used in different subjects.
The pupils and the visitors of the web will have an opportunity to vote for the best videos. The best videos will be awarded in the project website and the winners will be sent a certificate. But it is not important to win, it is important to take part! J It is a unique chance to work on something interesting, watch the videos prepared by peers from different countries and represent the country we live in.
All the pupils will be also given a chance to be in touch via the internet.
The videos can be prepared in subjects or in free time activities.
The plan is following:
1) Searching for partners, making a website concerning the project
2) Announcing a topic of the first video
3) Working on the video
4) Sharing the video
5) Preparing a film festival at school, where the pupils can watch the videos prepared by the partners, use of the videos in different subjects
6) Voting, awards, evaluating
7) Announcing new topic
The aim is to produce short videos in order to:
1) Develop creativity and cooperation
2) Show the importance of foreign languages
3) Represent the country we live in
4) Learn more about the country we live in and learn more about other countries, compare ways of life in different countries, respect other cultures, give our pupils a chance to be in touch with peers from other countries, to meet them on-line
5) Make learning more interesting
6) Give our pupils a chance to be proud of what they do, to motivate them to learning thanks to taking part in an international cooperation and competition
7) Develop ICT and language skills