A young woman is blocking two armed soldiers from firing, probably rubber bullets, at protesters in a Palestinian village in the West Bank. The image, picked up from a TV news report found online, is digitally processed and slowed down, and the soundtrack is replaced with lyrical music. The scene is turned to a peculiar dance, almost romantic, highlighting the magical and rare human connection created in the heroic act, captured and transmitted by digital technology.
Some festivals & exhibitions:
- Video Room, Galleria Huuto, Helsinki. Curator: Kaarina Ormio
- Crosstalk video art festival, Budapest.
- 'Trans-ideology: Nostalgia', Transart, Berlin. Curator: Dr Ming Turner
- ‘New Clarities’, v-kunst, Frankfurt, curated by Christoph von Löw and Andreas Greulich
- Cartes Flux 2012, The Foundation of Art and Technology, Espoo, Finland
- Experimental Panorama, 34th Mediterranean Festival of Montpellier, France
- The 16th Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival, "Fascinations" competition section,