after last nights BBC TopGear i had to do that: a step by step guide how to edit a awesome car chase scene and it shows some basic editing steps for every project ... especially if u use FCPX ... its a easy job, right?
Thanks BBC / TopGear ... u guys ROCK!
Sundays, 8pm on BBC2 ...you have to watch it!
this tutorial is all done in FCPX 10.0.3 (Trial) on MacOS LION 10.7.3
IMPORTANT READ THE REST AFTER U WATCH THE VIDEO ... U WILL LEARN MORE DOING THAT!
here some of basics:
- work on the sound even for the 1st rough edit
- continuity is essential
- get the best actors performance
- talk with & understand/ know the directors needs
- show your edit to a fellow editor (or any other person who comes along) 4 eyes can see more than 2
- some nice b-roll cut-aways can help to create some tension
- read your titels careful (twice or more) so you don't miss any typos
(yes i put in one just to show u how easy these can be missed)
- re-shoot if needed
- spend some time for the Color-Grade & Sound-mix ... even it might just be a lil difference in the end it counts
- get a BMW next time
- hold the button down 10 seconds
now go and edit stuff!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?