Thanks to Emm from cheesycam.com for giving detailed videos for this DIY steadicam project. I completed the project with a cheap generic flash bracket and 6 bucks in hardware. Easy to mod - I finished the project in about 1.5 hrs. The hardest part was carving out the underside of the quick release plate so the the 1/4 20 screw would sit flat. I need to find a non-skid material to place on top of the QR plate to prevent the Calumet QR bracket from spinning.
I need to learn how to fine tune the balance because it wobbles a bit and the whole rig will slightly spin and drift to one side. Then I need to learn how to fly the thing - indoors it seemed find, but once I was out on the beach the breeze made it very difficult to control it.
Music - "I Am Running with Temporary Success from a Monstrous Vacuum in Pursuit" by Chris Zabriskie (chriszabriskie.com)
Quick note - Had camera in auto focus face detect with the 20mm and in Program mode for exposure. I know that the focus is way off(so is color temp/exposure.) But I was mainly concentrating on flying the steadicam.