The Health Quality & Safety Commission has developed three video modules about understanding bias in health care. For more information visit hqsc.govt.nz/understanding-bias.
The modules are an introduction to understanding bias in health care. They encourage health professionals to examine their biases, and how they affect the health care they provide and their interactions with consumers.
Module one looks at what implicit bias is and how to identify and address it.
- Introduction and purpose of module one (Anton Blank, bias expert)
- Clinician story of implicit bias (Kyle Eggleton, Northland GP)
- Clinician story of bias (Inia Tomas, emergency department consultant)
- What is implicit bias? (Carla Houkamau, senior lecturer University of Auckland)
- Identifying and addressing implicit bias, individuals (Anton Blank)
- How to find out more (Anton Blank)