The Health Quality & Safety Commission has developed three video modules about understanding bias in health care. For more information visit hqsc.govt.nz/understanding-bias.
The modules are an introduction to understanding bias in health care. They encourage health professionals to examine their biases, and how they affect the health care they provide and their interactions with consumers.
Module three looks at consumer's and clinician's real-life experiences of bias, both implicit and explicit.
Module three: Experiences of bias
- Introduction and purpose of module three (Anton Blank)
- Clinician story of implicit bias (John Bonning, emergency physician)
- Pacific consumer story (Bernadette Pereira)
- Implicit bias and Pacific peoples’ health (Doana Fatuleai, Fanau Ola service manager and nurse lead)
- Addressing implicit bias, recap (Anton Blank)
- How to find out more (Anton Blank)