Facebook makes it really easy to set up and execute a fundraiser for the charity of your choice.
This video features CCL's Communications Coordinator Flannery Winchester providing step-by-step instructions on how to make a fundraising page on Facebook.
CCL Training Page: community.citizensclimate.org/resources/item/19/343
1. Go to Facebook and click “Create” on the top right navigation bar.
2. Select “Fundraiser.” After selecting “Fundraiser,” search and select “Citizens’ Climate Lobby.” Please note that all funds received through Facebook are tax-deductible and go to Citizens’ Climate Education.
3. Enter your fundraising goal and timeline.
4. Select a title and share why you are raising funds for CCL. It’s helpful if you share your personal climate story or CCL narrative. If you need help, check out this forum post for guidance on how to write a fundraising appeal.
5. Select a photo for the cover page. Facebook will default to CCL’s header image. You can use that, or you can download one of the other options we’ve provided in the “Resources” tab on this training page.
6. Publish your fundraiser. Then invite friends to the fundraiser, donate, and share to your timeline!
Facebook will ensure that your fundraiser is seen by your family and friends, and will automatically send them reminder notifications to donate.