❇️ This Video #820 discusses the DCC/DCS switch found on MTH Proto 3, O-Gauge, 3-Rail Locomotives.
0:45 1 Switch on a Premier Loco
2:03 1b Chart Showing Years Locos Had the Switch
2:35 1c Jumper Wire inside Loco
3:12 2 MTH's Instructions for Adding Switch to a Railking Loco
4:45 3 An Added Switch on a Railking Loco
5:55 The End
As I understand it:
*1 Proto 1 locomotives were "sound-only"
*2 Proto 2 locomotives added DCS capability, but did not run on DCC.
*3 Proto 3 locomotives were introduced around 2011, and added the capability to run on DCC.
*4 All Proto 3 Premier locomotives have the DCC/DCS switch.
*5 The Proto 3 Railking locomotives from about 2011 to 2014 had the DCC/DCS switch.
*6 The Proto 3 Railking locomotives after 2014 no longer have the DCC/DCS switch.
*7 The Railking locomotives made after 2014 still have the DCC/DCS decoders, but in order to run the loco on DCC, you have to either add the switch yourself, or cut a jumper wire inside the loco.
*8 If you cut that jumper wire, the loco will then run on DCC, but not on DCS.
*9 Adding the switch allows you to essentially "disconnect" the jumper wire to run on DCC, or to "re-connect" that jumper wire to run on DCS.
� THE 2-RAIL/3-RAIL SWITCH:
* The Premier locos also have a 2nd switch that can be switched from "3rail" to "2rail", to operate on 2-rail track.
* This switch is visible on the lower side of the picture at the 2:18 point. (It's difficult to read in the video; the "3rail" position is to the Left, and you can see the switch is thrown that way in the video.)
* The Railking locos do NOT have this switch, and would be very difficult to convert to 2-rail operation.
| ❇️ B. SKETCHES & DRAWINGS:
* Video #820 web page: autocontrols.wordpress.com/video820 (includes the MTH 2-page bulletin showing how to add the DCC switch to Railking locos .
* Google Drive images album, for O Ga. Videos #820 thru #826: drive.google.com/open?id=1A1zBDaCh7tucq8qncx84mTgahJaNOGUb
| ❇️ C. RELATED PLAYLISTS:
* Youtube Playlist #7, "O-Ga. Automatic Train Control: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCzsbeo2HeKFQp3iUAkOo_cdp5mNDsoFl
* Vimeo Playlist #7, "O-Ga. Automatic Train Control: AutoControls.17 O-Ga. AC, Loop, NO Turnouts
(the Youtube and Vimeo playlists contain the SAME videos)
| � D. RELATED AUTOCONTROLS MTH O Ga. DCC VIDEOS:
* (THIS VIDEO) Video #820, "The Elusive DCC/DCS Switch on the MTH Proto 3, O-Gauge 3-Rail Locomotives", is at youtu.be/AfX7SavSJow or vimeo.com/370378341
* Video #821, "NCE DCC Power Cab Controls an MTH Proto 3, O ga. 3-Rail Alco S2 Diesel": youtu.be/ezE_1D1LV0g or vimeo.com/370579487
* Video #822, "Automatic Point-to-Point Control of MTH Proto 3, O ga. 3-Rail Diesel, using NCE DCC Mini Panel": youtu.be/lzhWvoTdcVY or vimeo.com/371224478
* Video #823, "Automatic Point-to-Point Control of MTH Proto 3, O ga. 3-Rail Diesel, using NCE DCC Mini Panel": youtu.be/umyWolje4sE or vimeo.com/376473434
*Video #824, "Automatic Point-to-Point Control of 2 MTH Proto 3, O ga. 3-Rail Diesels, using NCE DCC Mini Panel": youtu.be/bQAQdIM6XdY or vimeo.com/376592686
* Video #825, "Automatic Control of an MTH Proto 3, O ga. 3-Rail Diesel, running on a circular track, using NCE DCC Mini Panel": youtu.be/qXYn8KDcUMQ or vimeo.com/378067065
* Video #826, "Auto. DCC Control of Two MTH PS3 Diesels on Same Loop, w/Pushbutton for PUBLIC Operation: youtu.be/J2RWOI7htf4 or vimeo.com/378471378
| � E. OTHER LINKS:
* AutoControls Entry Page: AutoControls.org
OPENING MUSIC CREDITS:
* "Broadcast News Medium" from iMovie Jingles library.
Hashtags: #AutomaticModelTrainControl #AutomaticTrainControl_DCC #AutomaticTrainControl_Ogauge
* This iMovie10 video was uploaded by JamesIngram.net . (Description modified 12/12/2020.)