* This video shows an NCE DCC Power Cab, controlling an MTH Proto 3, O ga. 3-Rail Alco S2 Diesel. (More Comments Below.)
* Note that NCE strongly recommends NOT using the Power Cab for O gauge, because the voltage (fixed at 13 volts) and maximum amperage capacity (1.8 amps) are too low -- but I had already recorded my video, and it worked fine for my demonstration.
A. ~~~~~~ CONTENTS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* NOTE: You should be able to SKIP to ANY SECTION of the video, by clicking the below minute:sec numbers.
1 Fast-forwarded Overview: 0:19 min
2 Introduction: 1:53 min
3 Demo 1: Pull 3 Cars: 4:09 min
4 DCC Functions: 11:37 min
5 Demo 2: Pull 7 Cars: 12:52 min
6 Overview Control Systems: 16:54 min
7 Power Cab Comments: 18:37 min
8 Demo 3: S2 Diesel Pulls 3.1 Amps Spinning: 22:21 min
. The END: 24:12
B. ~~~~~~ COMMENTS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* As demonstrated in the video, a pushbutton will cause the loco to make one "back and forth" cycle, or closing a switch will cause it to run back and forth continuously.
* My older Power Cab has a 1.3 amp power supply.
* Newer Power Cabs have a 1.8 amp power supply.
* Since this MTH diesel can pull well over 3.1 amps fully loaded, I have to operate my diesel with very light loads -- so as not to exceed my 1.3 amp capacity.
* It still appears to me, that the Power Cab could be used to successfully operate a SMALL loco with only 2 or 3 cars around a Christmas Tree or on a Dept. 56 display -- but I could be wrong about this -- due to my lack of experience with O gauge.
C. ~~~~~~ LINKS TO "RELATED VIDEOS": ~~~~
* Previous AutoControls.org Video #820, "The Elusive DCC/DCS Switch on the MTH Proto 3, O-Gauge 3-Rail Locomotives", is at youtu.be/AfX7SavSJow and vimeo.com/370378341 .
* This video #821 is at youtu.be/ezE_1D1LV0g and vimeo.com/370579487 .
* "Review: NCE Power Cab DCC Starter Set" by 'jlwii2000', youtu.be/eo8MTThp10A .
D. ~~~~~~ LINKS TO DRAWINGS & OTHER INFO: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* The AutoControls web page #821 has several images from this video: autocontrols.wordpress.com/video-821-nce-dcc-power-cab-controls-mth-proto-3-diesel/
* The O Ga. RR Forum DCC discussion forum: ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/forum/dcc-forum-1
* NCE article "Adding More Power Capacity To The Power Cab", ncedcc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203935645-Adding-more-power-capacity-to-the-Power-Cab .
* Home page for automatic controls info: AutoControls.wordpress.com (part of AutoControls.org)
BACKGROUND MUSIC CREDIT:
* Kevin MacLeod-Amazing Plan Distressed from Youtube Music Library.
* Kevin MacLeod-Barroom Ballet Silent Film Light from Youtube Music Library.
* This iMovie10 video was uploaded by JamesIngram.net .
TEMPORARY DCC VIDEO: This TEMPORARY video shows AUTOMATIC DCC operation: vimeo.com/367613757#t=1166s
The Temporary video is in the process of being SPLIT-UP into 3 separate videos.