Mosan is a innovative sanitation solution – we make sanitation attractive, feasible and provide a circular climate-friendly sanitation system. Our system, offered as a service avoids water use, replaces pit latrines, and creates biochar from human feces. Our solution includes toilets, treatment technologies & awareness creation for behavior change.
• With better sanitation, waterborne diseases, especially among kids are reduced.
• Each family saves more than 18’000 liters of water per year by not flushing conventional toilets.
• Our system reduces greenhouse gases! Our regular collection prevents methane emission (that would otherwise occur in pit latrines).
• Biochar fertilizer stores CO2 in the soil, tackling climate change effects.
• Biochar replaces chemical fertilizers in agriculture, supporting organic farming.
• Our system is an alternative for drainage and pipe-infrastructure, making it the sanitation solution for a cleaner and healthier future!
Video by Brandon Polack for Mosan: vimeo.com/bpolack