In this Capitol Briefing, hosted by the California Accountable Communities for Health Initiative and George Washington University's Funders Forum on Accountable Health, experts take a deep dive into how Accountable Communities for Health (ACH) are improving community health and leading to system changes across multiple sectors. The ACH is a promising new model that brings together residents, health care institutions, public health, social service agencies, community organizations, the justice system and businesses, to improve the health and well-being of communities.
TOPICS & SPEAKERS:
• ACHs & Health Reform: Eliot Fishman, Senior Policy Director, Families USA
• California’s ACH Initiative: Barbara Masters, Director, California Accountable Communities for Health Initiative (CACHI)
• National & State ACH Developments: Jeff Levi, Professor of Health Policy and Management, George Washington University
• Insights from the Field: Katherine Bailey, Executive Director, San Diego ACH
• Integrating ACHs Into State Medicaid Programs: MaryAnne Lindeblad, Washington State Medicaid Director
Filmed on October 29, 2019 at the California State Capitol Building. For more information, visit cachi.org