Ingredients for making Putarekulu:
- Filo dough(you will find in frozen section)
- Melted butter / Ghee
Putarekulu Recipe Making Procedure:
- Grind the sugar to very fine powder.keep aside.
- Thaw Filo dough sheets, these are too delicate & hence need to b handled carefully.
- once it comes to room temperature, separate each sheet & spread on work surface.
- Brush melted butter on the sheet,cut each sheet into 4 inch wide , long strips.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar on this strip & roll it carefully to form the shape of putareku.
- keep it aside for some time, till it gets a bit crisp
Video background music:
- Composition of Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji
- Guitar played by Ulf Manu (Germany)