State and Territory governments have been busily releasing discussion papers and developing policies, strategies and plans for waste avoidance, resource recovery, circular economy, waste to energy, single use plastics, infrastructure, organics, food waste and more. Nationally, an Assistant Minister for Waste Reduction has been appointed. Additional funding has been committed by federal and state governments to grow a local resource recovery and processing industry. Circular economy hubs and networks are being created.
- Stephanie Yu, Unit Head Waste Markets -
Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
- Pete Shmigel, CEO - Australian Council of
- David Baggs, CEO - Global GreenTag
- Kate Harris, CEO - Good Environmental
Choice Australia (GECA)
- Mike Ritchie, Managing Director - MRA