Give us 8 minutes of your time and we'll give you:
2 Plane Rides.
2 Rental Cars (yeah, we broke one).
2 Incredible Performances by Surf Guitar Legend, Dick Dale.
1 Epic Coast Line.
This is what happens when you send two photographers out on a honeymoon unsupervised.
Our West Coast marathon starts in San Francisco, winds down through Big Sur, loops back up to Frisco for a city hiking expedition, ambles up through Muir Woods and into wine country, stumbles back out to the coast that runs through Mendocino County, darts through the Redwoods of Northern California, cruises along the beautiful coastline of Oregon, glides into Portland for a awesome view of the Columbia River Gorge and a few nights of good drinks with friends, meanders the LONG way to Seattle via the Olympic Peninsula and a ferry from Bainbridge Island, whirlpools in Pike Place Market, grooves to the surf guitar of Dick Dale, settles into a booth for a slice of cherry pie and a damn fine cup of coffee at the Double R Diner, shuffles back to the airport and screams through the air back to the East Coast dropping us in Norfolk, Virginia with a headful of warm memories and a handful of dirty luggage.
A run-on sentence is the only way to do this one justice.
If you've got a lot of time on your hands, or are avoiding work, see if you can spot:
- Pebble Beach
- sunrise at Lover's Point, Monterrey, CA
- Coit Tower
- Martin driving through the Chandler Tree
- "Tippy Canoe" and Tyler too!
- a rainforest
- Forks, Washington - if you don't have to look it up, you should seriously consider the young adult book section off limits for a little while
- the Pike's Place fish tossers
- Twede's Cafe (call Agent Cooper if you find any evidence of Laura Palmer's murder we may have overlooked).
Audio and video recorded on two GoPro HD cameras.
"Amazing Grace" | "Misrlou"
Performed by Dick Dale
Live at The Tractor Tavern
Seattle, WA 1.13.2012