The Moore County Working Lands Protection Plan Consensus Working Group met at the County Agricultural Center on February 29, 2012. The purpose of the meeting was to review the comments and input from the three recent public hearings and to agree on how to address the public comments into a new draft.
The first order of business was to remove all references to the Base Realignment And Closure (BRAC) Regional Commission and all references to the Regional Land Use Advisory Commission (RLUAC) from the document. This was done, which removed any reference and support of the 5-Mile Buffer Zone proposed by BRAC and RLUAC around Ft. Bragg and Camp Mackall.
Next the Working Group went through each section of the June 28, 2011 draft document, making additional changes and revisions.
Finally, a lengthy discussion ensued regarding:
- Who will be responsible for overseeing implementation and reporting to the County Commission on each action item?
- How will questions and input which do not result in actual document changes be published to the public?
- How and when will additional public hearings be conducted?
- Are there any other portions of the document which are not absolutely required to fulfill the goals of the document and plan and, thus, could be removed to streamline the document?
- How will the Working Lands Protection Plan affect or influence the new County Comprehensive Land Use Plan and upcoming changes to the County Zoning Ordinances?
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?