For this webinar, we will be joined by three of Workwell Foundation’s exercise physiologists who provide expertise to support a diagnosis, functional assessments, and treatment in the areas of ME, CFS, Fibromyalgia and other fatigue-related illnesses. Joining us will be Staci Stevens, Todd Davenport and Mark VanNess. They work with doctors and attorneys to provide documentation that can assist patients in obtaining disability benefits.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
1. What does the research say? Hot off the presses: Discussion of key points from Workwell’s 2019 publications.
a. CPET Methodology
b. CPET Case Series
d. Research roundup: In other 2 day CPET news: Nelson, Hodges, Keller, Vermeulen…
2. How can patients and HC providers recognize ME/CFS?
a. What is PEM?
b. How can I identify PEM?
3. Why do we recommend serial CPET?
4. Is serial CPET helpful or harmful?
5. Can CPET be modified for severely ill people?
6. What does serial CPET tell us about ME/CFS pathology?
7. How can serial CPET be used for activity management?
8. What resources are available to help?
b. Letters on GET
c. Continuing Education
d. Peer reviewed published articles
9. Can other laboratories perform serial CPET?
10. Where do we go from here? Vision for continuing education and research.