Washington and Lee University offers retirement savings plans through TIAA and Fidelity. All non-student employees are eligible, upon employment, to open an account and can contribute as much as they would like (up to the IRS limit).
After two consecutive anniversary years of working 1,000 hours or more for Washington and Lee University, employees are eligible for a University contribution. Time worked at another higher educational institution in each of the two 12 month periods just prior to employment by W&L may count toward this waiting period.
The University contributes an unmatched 5% to the plan and matches an employee's contribution up to 2.5% (up to the IRS maximum allowable). A person taking full advantage of the program, therefore, will contribute 2.5% and the University 7.5% for a total of 10% of salary.
Fidelity and TIAA representatives come to campus regularly to meet with employees participating in the retirement plan. The university also has hired CAPTRUST, an independent investment advisory firm, whose financial counselors will meet with employees on campus free of charge. They provide professional, unbiased investment advice tailored to your individual needs and retirement goals.
Full details are available at wlu.edu/human-resources/benefits-and-paid-time-off/retirement-savings-plan