Miles Hilton-Barber went blind in his early twenties, but has not let that stop him from achieving his dreams. As a popular after-dinner and corporate speaker, Miles weaves together rich anecdotes and humour with powerful life-lessons he has learnt whilst overcoming his blindness.
Despite being blind for over 25 years, Miles has still lived his dreams, encouraging us to realise that "The only limits in our lives are those we accept ourselves."
His remarkable adventures in recent years, setting numerous world records in the process, include:
- First blind pilot to undertake a 55-day, 21,000 kilometre microlight flight from London to Sydney, relying on revolutionary speech-output technology
- Man-hauling a sledge over 250 miles across Antarctica
- Completing "The Toughest Foot-race on Earth" - 150 miles across the Sahara Desert.
- Climbing to 17,500 feet in the Himalayas
- Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt. Blanc- Africa's/Europe's highest mountains
- Running the 11-day Ultra-Marathon race across China from the Gobi Desert to the Great Wall
- Completing the "Coldest Marathon on Earth"- the Siberian Ice Marathon
- Competing in the hottest ultra-marathon on earth across Death Valley California.
- Crossing the entire Qatar Desert non-stop day/night in 78 hours without sleep
- Circumnavigating 38,000 miles around the world using 80 different forms of transport
- Setting the Malaysian Grand Prix lap record for a blind driver in a 230kph Lotus
-Setting a new British high-altitude record for a tandem microlight (20,300 feet) with -55 Centigrade open- cockpit temperatures
- White-water rafting down the Zambezi River
- Completing more than 40 skydiving jumps
- Cage-diving with Great White Sharks
- First blind pilot to undertake a sortie of extreme aerobatics in a +600 MPH Hawker Hunter fighter jet with an ex-Red Arrows co-pilot
- Becoming the first blind person to do the solo kamikaze skeleton run down the 5G Olympic bob-sleigh track in Lillehammer, Norway
- First blind person to pilot a 340 BHP performance rated Zap Cat power boat in ocean time trials
- First blind aviator to break sound barrier- attaining speed of Mach 1.4/1,060 MPH during vertical climb to 50,000 feet in just 90 seconds in an English Electric Lightning fighter jet.
- First blind person to participate in a drag-racing event, driving a supercharged machine at Britain’s Santa Pod drag track.