Sunday, January 5, 2020 - 2020: Who Are We?
God’s will trumps man’s plan.
We don’t want our plan as much as we want to fulfill God’s plan.
Some things get harder as we get larger.
Being part of a church is like getting married, you need to know us really well.
Who we are gives us direction in making decisions.
“Who we are” is what we want to become, and does not come natural.
I choose this because it is what the Bible teaches.
I choose this because I want to be like Jesus.
I understand it takes focus and work.
What do I need to do to connect?
· If God created us to connect, Satan will work to keep us in isolation from God and each other.
· Be willing to make the choice to connect.
What do I need to do to reach?
· We are hospital, not a health club.
· Choose to get dirty because ministry is messy.
· Loving people is messy, and you can’t reach what you don’t love.
What do I need to do to build?
· Spend more time in God’s Word.
· Apply God’s Word.
· The more we apply God’s Word the more we become like Jesus.
What do I need to do to care?
· Our love for God is evidenced by our love for the least of these.
· Caring must be our way of life.