Performed by students taking an independent study in theatrical characterization, this audacious comedy was written by Alan Ball, creator of the hit TV series Six Feet Under and True Blood. Directed by Kati Vecsey, senior lecturer in theater. Here's a brief moment from rehearsal in Gannett Theater.
The edgy and complex characters in Ball’s bridal party include:
• the bride’s sarcastic sister Meredith, played by senior Caitlyn DeFiore of Westborough, Mass.
• the bride’s “ugly sidekick” Georgeanne, played by senior Nora Brouder of Winchester, Mass.
• the promiscuous friend Trisha, played by senior Jen Flanagan, of Sherborn, Mass.
• the naïve cousin Frances, played by junior Marketa Ort of New York City
• and the groom’s lesbian sister Mindy, played by sophomore Singha Hon, also of New York City.
• The only male character on the stage, Tripp Davenport, is an usher who falls for Trisha. Davenport is played by sophomore Danny Birkhead of Tyngsboro, Mass