Study 12 of 13 on Glimpses of God.
Scriptural Basis: Gen. 2:21–25; Exod. 20:5; Song of Songs; Isa. 43:4; 62:5; John 2:1–11.
Key Text: “The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: ‘Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you’ ” (Jer. 31:3, NKJV).
1. Scripture says that “God is love” (1 John 4:8). How do you understand this to be?
2. What evidence is there in Scripture that “romantic love” a part of God’s plan for humanity?
3. What are the practices in your society and culture that could easily lead to the abuse of the physical pleasures that God has given us?
4. In human relations, what is the relationship between love and forgiveness?
5. What is the relationship of intimacy between humans and the intimacy that God wants to share with us?
6. In what practical ways can we enhance our intimacy with God?