THE PLANNING BOARD WILL CONDUCT A SITE WALK
AT 319 MAIN STREET
AT 600 PM
IN REFERENCE TO AGENDA ITEM # 1 – MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT
PLANNING BOARD MEETING
TOWN OF CUMBERLAND
Cumberland Town Hall
290 Tuttle Road, Cumberland, Maine 04021
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
D. Approval of Minutes of February 28, 2012 meeting
E. Staff Site Plan Approvals:
F. Hearings and Presentations:
1. Public Hearing: Major Site Plan Review for a mixed use development at 319 Main Street,
Tax Assessor Map U13, Lot 110 in the Town Center District (TCD); Flash Island, Inc.,
Applicant, Owner, Scott Decker, P.E., SYTDesign Consultants, Representative.
2. Sketch Plan: Site Plan Review for Maine Standards for commercial office building at U. S.
Route One, Tax Assessor Map R02, Lot 10A, in the Office Commercial North (OCSN) district.
3. Public Hearing: To recommend to the Town Council draft zoning amendments to Section
204.14 Industrial (I) Zone to add auto sales as a permitted use.
4. Public Hearing: To recommend to the Town Council draft zoning amendments to Section
204.17.1 : Setback Overlay District 1 (SOD1) to expand the Setback Overlay District 1 to
include the following properties: Tax Map U06, Lot 87 145 Foreside Road; U06, Lot 86;
149 Foreside Road, U06, Lot 85; 1 Wildwood Blvd.
G. Administrative Matters:
H. Adjournment:Planning Board Meeting Steps
1. Chair announces the agenda item; turns it over to Town Planner.
2. Town Planner provides the overview, history, and status of the project.
3. Board asks questions of Town Planner.
4. Chair introduces Applicant (or Applicant’s representative) to make presentation.
5. Board asks questions of the Applicant.
6. Chair opens public hearing.
7. Members of the public (if any are present) speak.
8. Chair closes public hearing.
9. Board discusses project.
10. Motion to approve or deny any requested waivers.
11. Review the draft Findings of Fact as prepared by the Town Planner. Adopt as written or
12. Consider the proposed conditions of approval as prepared by the Town Planner. Adopt
as written or amended.
13. Motion to approve the project with the Standard and Proposed Conditions of Approval.
(Or a motion to deny or table the application)