FILMED IN: Wichita, KS
Dodo-Sapiens: why we need regenerative, bio-based buildings
We are victims of our own stupidity. Seemingly harmless decisions about our buildings made decades ago are throwing all of our natural systems into decline. While every other technology has made vast improvements (cell phones, computers, automobiles), our buildings have remained largely unchanged. We pretty much build the same way as we did in the 1970's: energy wasting boxes filled with toxic chemicals.
In this talk, you’ll discover specific, bold, new ideas for transforming our cities and suburbs into regenerative and restorative places. Using biomimicry and organic principles as a guide, we'll uncover tangible, deployable lessons we can apply to our built environment. With specific case studies and examples, you'll learn innovative methods to save energy, water, and resources, while creating healthier buildings in the process.
This brand new talk is "bullet-point free" (with none of those boring, text heavy slides you typically see). Using rich graphics and video, this presentation will expand your imagination and inspire you into action. Presented by the acclaimed speaker, architect and author of "Green Building for Dummies."
* Discover how biomimicry (study of nature as designer) can teach us how to transform built environment
* Understand new methods of saving water, restoring aquifers, recycling greywater by copying natural systems
* Uncover hidden opportunities to radically transform our existing cities and suburbs, and sell it to local agencies
* Discover how voluntary programs don’t go far enough, and the bold initiatives you must implement in your city
* Map out an action plan for what you can do to implement these ideas in your own projects