Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020 - Marriage Rehab: I'm Just Not Happy
Your marriage relationship has the potential to make or break life.
Let’s talk about assumptions.
· An assumption is a thing accepted as true or certain to happen, without proof.
· When our expectations aren’t met, frustration is the result.
Assumptions are the product of culture.
Assumptions determine how we see life.
· We make decisions based on assumptions.
· What are my marital assumptions?
Is marriage about making me happy?�· Happiness is a moving target.
· Happiness is not the destination of marriage.
What does the Bible say about marriage?
· Marriage is mutually beneficial.
· Marriage is to sanctify us.
· Marriage displays the gospel.
Happiness and marriage.
· Happiness is about what it can get, Biblical love is about what it can give.
· When you put happiness first you don’t get love. When you put love first you end up with happiness.