Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020 - Marriage Rehab: I Think I Married the Wrong Person
Staying in a relationship is not easy.
· Contract or Covenant?
- A covenant is for the benefit of the other person.
- A covenant contains unconditional promises.
- A covenant requires confrontation and forgiveness.
· What can my marriage survive?
Mr. and Mrs. Right…
· Behind our decisions are our assumptions.
· There is a “right” person out there.
· “Right” means perfect.
What does the Bible say?
· The Bible says my biggest problem is me.
· What if marriage is not about making you happy, but making you holy.
· Following God’s will is not a guarantee life will be easy.
· Marriage magnifies the flaws in our lives.
· You didn’t marry the wrong person, you married the person who will help you become more like Jesus.