Community Literacy of Ontario was pleased to host and record a two-part webinar series in March 2012 that looks at the Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF) and Assessment. Part Two “The OALCF: Exploring Assessment Tools and Developing an Assessment Strategy” was delivered once on March 27 and again on March 28, 2012. This two-hour live webinar was attended by 98 literacy practitioners in total, representing community-based, college, school board and Native Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) programs.
This webinar was funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities to support LBS programs as they prepare for implementation of the OALCF beginning in April 2012.
The content of “The OALCF: Exploring Assessment Tools and Developing an Assessment Strategy” webinar explored:
• The effectiveness measures and performance indicators in the LBS Performance Management System
• Selecting, administering and reporting on milestones
• Administering and reporting on culminating tasks
• Developing an assessment strategy
• Evaluating the use of an assessment tool
• Where other tools fit into an assessment strategy
• Where milestones and culminating tasks fit into an assessment strategy