The City Gate Messianic Bible study
Parasha 05 Chayei Sarah
Main concept: OATH has parameters. Any type of attestation by which an individual signifies that he or she is bound in conscience to perform a particular act truthfully and faithfully; a solemn declaration of truth or obligation.
• Avraham purchases the cave of Machpelah in order to bury his wife Sarah. (23:1-20)
• Avraham sends his servant to find a bride for Yitzchak. (24:1-9)
• Rivkah “Rebekah” shows her kindness by offering to draw water for the servant's camels at the well. (24:15-20)
• The servant meets Rivkah's family and then takes Rivkah to Yitzchak, who marries her. (24:23-67)
• Avraham takes another wife, named Keturah. At the age of one hundred and seventy-five years, Avraham dies, and Yitzchak and Yishma’el bury him in the cave of Machpelah. (25:1-11)