The 'Tangent Element' is the newest colorist control surface on the market and just started shipping about 3 weeks ago.
The Tao of Color visited our good friends at The Studio - B & H, the professional video division of B & H Photo, in New York City to get our hands on this surface and give it a test drive in DaVinci Resolve.
B&H's Michel Suissa and Tao of Color's Patrick Inhofer also offer up some buying advice.
UPDATE 1: I've been informed that for DaVinci Resolve, the Buttons panel (Bt) and the Knobs panel (Kb) must be purchased together. One panel won't work without being paired with the other panel.
Topics covered include:
• Physical size versus the Tangent Wave
• Functionality vs. Wave in DaVinci Resolve
• Live demo - with DaVinci Resolve
• Overall Impressions
• Advice for Resolve colorists
• Advice for Scratch ad Scratch Lab colorists
Additional resources about the Tangent Element:
• Tangent Element Homepage: tangentdevices.co.uk/products_element.asp
• Tao of Color Blog Post on the Tangent Element:
Additional Color Correction Resources:
• Check out the 'net's best darn weekly newsletter dedicated to the Art & Craft of Color Grading: taoofcolor.com/newsletter/
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?