GOVERNMENTAL BODY: MOUNT VERNON CITY COUNCIL
DATE OF MEETING: APRIL 16, 2012
TIME OF MEETING: 6:30 P.M.
PLACE OF MEETING: MOUNT VERNON CITY HALL
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Agenda.
3. Consent Agenda.
a. Approval of minutes of April 2, 2012.
b. Bills for approval.
c. Approval of Liquor License: Heritage Days, Inc.
4. Open forum: each citizen limited to 5 minutes per discussion item.
5. Mayor Report.
a. Cornell College Inauguration Week Proclamation.
6. Third and final reading of Ordinance #3-19-2012A: An Ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mount Vernon, Iowa, by amending provisions pertaining to Water Rates.
7. Third and final reading of Ordinance #3-19-2012B: An Ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mount Vernon, Iowa, by amending provisions pertaining to Resource Recovery and Refuse Disposal Fees.
8. Presentation of technology to update Waste Water operations; discussion and possible action.
9. Parks and Recreation Director report.
10. City Engineer report.
11. Discussion and possible action on creating position of Public Works Director.
12. Discussion on proposed changes to Mount Vernon Code of Ordinances concerning mayoral term and council pay.
13. Discussion on draft policy relating to departmental unspent funds at end of each fiscal year.
14. Old Business.
15. New Business.