Georgetown Middle School was built in 1958, originally designed for use as the High School. It has served as a local landmark of the school system and renovating this local monument was a priority for the Scott County Board of Education. Alliance Corporation was not only challenged with the addition but extensive renovations, including new mechanical and electrical systems, new flooring and finishes. Goals for the new design were to add a cafeteria, band room, chorus room, art room, and a new entrance and parking lot. The addition and renovation of this building took months to plan and design and was phased for construction so that there was no interruption of school. The new spaces and look for this building have revitalized not only the building but the community’s spirit and tradition that surround this facility.