p. 182 exercise; p. 178 line 3 models
Saint-Jacome, Grand Method for Trumpet or Cornet (Carl Fischer, 2002), 178, 182.
Things to remember when you practice
1. 5 times 10 breathing exercise before you begin
2. 3 models per day (p. 178)
3. Rest where necessary
4. ACCURACY BEFORE SPEED
5. BUILD UP - DON'T TEAR DOWN
6. BIG BREATH - CHEST UP - SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
7. LIFT FINGERS HIGH - STRIKE THE VALVES HARD
This exercise is part of a customized 5 part lesson plan. Click here to see the entire plan http://thesystematicapproach.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/haag_201203222.pdf
My teacher, Bruce Haag is a certified Claude Gordon instructor, and the practice routines he assigns serve to set goals for progress and to help the student understand exactly what is causing the progress.