When drying your cannabis, the rule of thumb is to let the plants hang in a nice controlled environment for 7 to 10 days, maybe 14 days at most. Once the harvest appears fairly dry, perform these tests to confirm if it’s ready for curing:
• Bud check. Use your touch to know if it’s time to let plants off. There should be some spring left to the bud when you squeeze into it.
• Snap test. You want a stem that snaps and creates a little crack rather than bends or breaks in half. Once that is achieved, take the flowers and remove them from the stem. You will get a little snap from the stem and a tiny piece of hemp is going to roll along as you try to pull it off.
• Smoke test. Do a smoke test to know whether your flowers are ready for storage. Take the bud, roll it up into a joint, and light it. If the joint stays lit, you can seal those buds up.
After making sure the flowers are all set, it is time to seal them in a container. Here’s what you have to do:
• Break down the buds as much as you can, leaving as little stem as possible.
• Fill the glass jar completely to the top.
• Give a nice shake so the flowers settle down a little bit.
• Close the jar and leave it for a couple of days.
• Open the jar to see if the buds cured beautifully. If you smell candy, you can close the jar again and leave the flowers for as long as you like. However, if you smell a little ammonia, that means you put the flowers in the jar a little bit too soon. You have to discard your buds and curing is over for this time.
No matter the result, bear in mind that curing is an art form, and you’ll get better every time you do it. Plus, it’s always worth the effort because cured weed is so much better than uncured weed.
00:12 How long do I hang my plants for?
00:22 How do I know when it's time to take them off?
00:48 Taking the Buds off
01:18 Smoke Test
02:30 End Screen
#seeds #weed #cannabis #420 #growyourown #weedstagram #weedstagram420 #weedporn #cannabisculture #homegrown #cannabiscommunity #trichomes #harvest #weedculture #marijuanagrow #marijuanagram #indoorgardening #cannabisgrow #cannabisgrower #weedcommunity #weedfeed