For this week's Living Room Explorers program, we'll be learning about batik and Indonesia, playing trivia, and making our own batik art!
For the batik art, you'll need the following supplies:
- Light-colored fabric to decorate
- Elmer's Washable glue
- Acrylic paint or fabric paint
- Paint brushes
- Parchment paper
- Optional printed designs to copy
1. Lay down parchment paper to cover your workspace. Lay out your fabric and draw a design with the Elmer's Glue. Let it dry completely.
2. When the glue is dry, use fabric paint or acrylic paint and paint your fabric! Let it dry.
3. When the paint is dry, rinse the fabric with warm water to get the glue off. Let it dry.
4. Set the paint with heat by putting the finished creation in the dryer for 10 minutes on the highest setting allo