In this video tutorial, we will look at how you can select multiple parcels by using the area shape tool and buffer feature. This function can be used in a number of ways such as quickly finding all of the parcels in a neighborhood, subdivision, or tax rate area.
- Once you have your area of interest on the map, first click on the Tools menu and then choose Area under
- For this example, let’s select all of the parcels in the four blocks surrounding our cross street search.
- Begin by left clicking at the first corner of the area to start drawing the shape. Then continue to left click at
each of the remaining points you want to set.
- After your final left click, move the mouse off of the last point and right click to close the shape.
- Now let’s open the Buffer menu and first check that Drawn Shapes is selected for Subject. Then, the key
component to this search is that you enter a zero in the Distance box.
- Finally, click the Buffer button and wait for the magic.
- Now you should see only the parcels selected for the shaded area and of course, let’s not forget about the
handy list view below the map.
So remember, you can save yourself a sore finger from over clicking by using the power of the zero buffer. Thanks for watching!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?