Scriptural Basis: Exod. 18:13–26; Matt. 7:17, 18; Acts 6:1–8; John 4:36; Acts 15:36–40.
Key Text: “How shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!’” (Romans 10:15, NKJV).
1. In practical terms, what does God expect of His church regarding individual involvement in witnessing and soul winning?
2. What do we learn about management and planning of church outreach efforts from the account of Moses and Jethro? (Exod. 18:13–26).
3. The New testament offers further counsel on the mobilization of church leadership in Acts 6:1–8. How would you describe this?
4. The book of Acts (15:36–40) describes a difference of opinion between Paul and Barnabas? What can we learn about church leadership from this account?
5. Why is the delegation of responsibility sometimes so difficult for us to do?
6. What can be done to build leadership’s confidence in efforts of all church members?