With Dr Rachael Ainsworth, Her+Data MCR/University of Manchester.
Recorded 30th June 2020.
Links and resources for session: https://bit.ly/ODM-PNM9G
In this session, Rachael will guide us through the basics of Github:
- Friendly introduction to version control, git and GitHub.
- Examples of how GitHub is used
- GitHub interface tour and jargon busting
- GitHub for collaboration and best practices
- Tutorial of setting up a GitHub repository/project
What you'll need
- To follow along, you'll want to sign up for a GitHub account: github.com/join
- Rachael on GitHub: github.com/rainsworth
- Rachael on Twitter: twitter.com/rachaelevelyn
- HER+Data MCR Meetup group: meetup.com/HER-Data-MCR/
- HER+Data MCR Twitter: twitter.com/herplusdatamcr