The webinar, co-organised by Arnold & Porter and the Young Public International Law Group (YPILG), took place on 23 June 2020. It was moderated by Lucas Bastin of Essex Court Chambers and Laura Rees-Evans of Fietta LLP, with welcoming remarks by Patricio Grané Labat of Arnold & Porter.
The speakers addressed the following topics:
• Maria Fogdestam-Agius of Volterra Fietta: “Post-Brexit EU-UK dispute settlement: critical and contentious issues” (00:12:55)
• Jackie McArthur of Essex Court Chambers: “Post-Brexit claims by individuals under public international law” (00:25:27)
• Joel Dahlquist of Arbitration Chambers: “The role of UK courts in investment-treaty arbitration post-Brexit” (00:38:32)
• Bart Wasiak of Arnold & Porter: “Prospect of Brexit-related investment-treaty claims” (00:50:49)
• Elizabeth Chan of Three Crowns LLP: “The UK's post-Brexit investment policy: a (lost) opportunity for novel design choices? (01:04:36)