May 21, 2012 presentation featuring Walter F. Garside, Senior Vice President, Commercial Lending for American Chartered Bank. He has decades of experience putting together loan packages for mid-sized businesses. Thomas J. Huffman, Senior Vice President, Wintrust SBA Lending with Village Bank & Trust Co. He provides SBA loans for purchasing real estate and equipment, financing partner buyouts and refinancing debt. Trevor Morgan, President, Prairie Business Credit, Inc. He engages in factoring (providing financing through the purchase of accounts receivables) for rapidly growing companies.
Hosted by Chicago University Booth School of Business Entrepreneurial Roundtable at Northern Illinois University Naperville Campus. Future events and videos at EntrepreneurialRoundtable.com
Video by Stone Cliff Productions, Inc. StoneCliffProductions.com
The good news is that banks are lending again to mid-sized and small businesses. The challenge is dealing with a banking environment where banks are very selective in their commercial lending practices. Join us as three experts in debt financing for mid-sized and small businesses talk about what it takes to get a commercial loan today.
Our panel of experts will discuss the practical side of getting a loan today:
* The information that the bank (or other lender) will be seeking
* How your loan application will be evaluated
* Questions that you should be asking potential lending sources in today's marketplace
* Determining the type(s) of financing that are most appropriate for your situation
* Why an SBA loan or factoring may or may not be suitable for you