* This video shows an NCE DCC Mini-Panel automatically controlling 3 (THREE) N-ga. Kato DCC locos with factory-installed ESU Loksound decoders on the same mainline -- using no turnouts, no blocks, and just 1 Z-Stuff infrared detector.
* The detector does NOT even need to connect to the track; it just sits NEXT to the track.
* There is the OPTION of using a PUSHBUTTON to allow the PUBLIC to manually start the trains.
(Part 2, review of wiring & commands, is at youtu.be/GCsco0sVxno .)
A. ~~~~~~ CONTENTS: ~~~~
* NOTE: You should be able to SKIP to ANY SECTION of the video, by clicking the below minute:sec numbers.
A - Fast Forwarded Overview: 0:20 min
B - Introduction: 6:31 min
DEMO 1 - Single Cycle: 10:04 min
DEMO 2 - Continuous Running ('Repeat' Switch Closed): 13:02 min
Manual Control Also Possible: 23:44 min
DEMO 3 - Long Delay ('More Delay' Switch Closed): 24:53 min
DEMO 4 - Keep 2 Trains Keep Moving ('Keep Moving' Switch Closed): 32:08 min
DEMO 5 - Verify Detector Operation: 40:58 min
6 - Z-Stuff Detector: 43:39 min
7 - Modifying Layout for Automatic Control: 46:13 min
8 Control Panel: 47:38 min
DEMO 6 - Test with 1 Train: 51:20 min
. THE END/Cont. in Part 2: 54:20 min
| B. COMMENTS:
* OPERATING LOGIC: We can accomplish this with a very SIMPLE logic. Two trains "wait" in the yard, until the 3rd train on the mainline passes the detector and enters the rear of the yard. The "front" train leaves the yard, and the remaining 2 trains creep forward to the front of the yard, stop, and wait until the 'new' train on the mainline crosses the detector. This process keeps repeating.
* A single PUSHBUTTON that the PUBLIC can push, causes the 3 trains to perform a SEQUENCE of making 1 trip around the layout, and then "parking" where they started.
* The locos will idle until the pushbutton is again pushed, then repeat the sequence.
* Alternately, closing the 'Repeat' switch on the control panel, will cause the trains to keep repeating the sequence.
* Alternately, closing the 'Repeat' switch on the control panel, will cause the trains to run continually.
* Alternately, closing the 'Keep Moving' switch will cause 2 of the train to run continuously (only 1 will be "parked" in the yard).
* An infrared Z-Stuff block signal detector is used, to detect the position of the trains.
| C. SKETCHES & DRAWINGS:
* DOCUMENTATION: Google Drive Album #827: drive.google.com/open?id=1TterXvdg49W1JP7x-UzIzL7XhDMDuaEU
* ((Note that the documentation albums are linked from the 'Documentation' page at autocontrols.wordpress.com .))
| D. RELATED AUTOCONTROLS.ORG N Ga. PLAYLISTS:
* Playlist A02 "N-Ga. DCC AutoControls, NO Turnouts":
. AutoControls.02 N-Ga. DC Controls
* ALL AutoControl PLAYLISTS are on the Home Page at AutoControls.org , and a backup copy is on the 'Documentation' site at autocontrols.wordpress.com/playlists/
| E. RELATED VIDEOS:
* (This Video) Part 1/2 of this Video #827 is at youtu.be/_STpvQszJ-I and vimeo.com/436679171 .
* Part 2/2 of this Video #827 is at youtu.be/GCsco0sVxno and vimeo.com/436711814 .
* Video #828 shows TWO trains running on this SAME layout with the same hardware: youtu.be/2si-hyEhY0Q and vimeo.com/438794529 .
(Most people who try this, will probably want to try running 2 trains, before running 3 trains.)
* Video 816-1/5, "Preview: Beginner Exercises for NCE Mini-Panel Automatic Train Control": youtu.be/7W-LonNTVC4 or vimeo.com/191761912
* Video 819-1/2, "Z-Stuff DZ-1011 Detector & NCE Mini-Panel Control 3 HO Trains w/NO Turnouts: youtu.be/qKgHVn5kCo4 or vimeo.com/242527047
* Earlier TWO Trains Operation on Small Loop: Video #826, "Auto. DCC Control of Two MTH PS3 Diesels on Same Loop, w/Pushbutton for PUBLIC Operation: youtu.be/J2RWOI7htf4 or vimeo.com/378471378
BACKGROUND MUSIC CREDITS:
* 'Chattanooga Choo Choo', arranged and performed by Keith Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org
* 'Leaning Toward The Dark Side', written and performed by Keith Lewis
Hashtags: #AutomaticModelTrainControl #AutomaticTrainControl_DCC #AutomaticTrainControl_Ngauge
* This iMovie10 video was uploaded by JamesIngram.net .