* This video shows an NCE DCC Mini-Panel automatically controlling TWO N-ga. Kato DCC locos with factory-installed ESU Loksound decoders on the same mainline -- using no turnouts, no blocks, and just 1 Z-Stuff infrared detector.
* The detector does NOT even need to connect to the track; it just sits NEXT to the track.
* There is the OPTION of using a PUSHBUTTON to allow the PUBLIC to manually start the trains.
* Previous Video #827 shows 3-train operation on this same lyout: youtu.be/_STpvQszJ-I
A. ~~~~~~ CONTENTS: ~~~~
A - Fast Forwarded Overview: 0:13 min
B - Introduction: 5:37 min
DEMO 1 - Station Stop, Short Delay, Single Cycle: 7:15 min
DEMO 2 - Station Stop, Short Delay, Keep Repeating: 9:45 min
DEMO 3 - Station Stop, Long Delay: 14:04 min
. . . Note: This is 1st video to show "both trains keep moving"
DEMO 4 - BOTH Trains Keep Moving, Single Cycle: 19:32 min
DEMO 5 - Both Trains Keep Moving, Keep Repeating: 21:48 min
5B Control Panel: 30:16 min
DEMO 6 - Test With Single Train, Use Hand: 32:55 min
DEMO 7 - Test With Single Train, Use DELAY Cmd: 38:20 min
. . The END: 43:17 min
| B. COMMENTS:
* The "program" in this newest video #828, is slightly BETTER than the programs used in previous 2-train videos -- because it allows both "station stop" operation (each train stops at the station) or "Two Trains Moving" where neither train stops.
* Related Video #827 shows the same system controlling THREE trains.
* OPERATING LOGIC:
We can accomplish this with a very SIMPLE logic.
* One train "waits" stationary in the yard, until the 2nd train on the mainline passes the detector and enters the rear of the yard.
* The stationary train starts up & leaves the yard.
* The train that entered to the yard, stops in the yard, and waits until the other train out on the mainline crosses the detector. This process keeps repeating.
* A single PUSHBUTTON that the PUBLIC can push, causes the 2 trains to perform a SEQUENCE of making 1 trip around the layout, and then "parking" where they started.
* The locos will idle until the pushbutton is again pushed, then repeat the sequence.
* Alternately, closing the 'Repeat' switch on the control panel, will cause the trains to keep repeating the sequence.
* Alternately, closing the 'Keep Moving' switch will cause BOTH of the train to run continuously (i.e. they won't stop in the yard).
* An infrared Z-Stuff block signal detector is used, to detect the position of the trains.
| C. SKETCHES & DRAWINGS:
* DOCUMENTATION: Google Drive Album #828: __________(tbd)
* ((Note that the documentation albums are linked from the 'Documentation' page at autocontrols.wordpress.com .))
| D. RELATED AUTOCONTROLS.ORG N Ga. PLAYLISTS:
* Playlist A02 "N-Ga. DCC AutoControls, NO Turnouts":
. AutoControls.02 N-Ga. DC Controls
* ALL AutoControl PLAYLISTS are on the Home Page at AutoControls.org , and a backup copy is on the 'Documentation' site at autocontrols.wordpress.com/playlists/
| E. RELATED VIDEOS:
* (This Video) This Video #828 is at youtu.be/2si-hyEhY0Q and vimeo.com/438794529 .
* Video #827 Part 1/2 shows THREE trains running on this SAME layout with the same hardware: youtu.be/_STpvQszJ-I and vimeo.com/436679171 .
* Part 2/2 of Video #827 shows the (very similar) COMMANDS used for the 3-train program: youtu.be/GCsco0sVxno and vimeo.com/436711814 .
* GETTING STARTED: Video 816-1/5, "Preview: Beginner Exercises for NCE Mini-Panel Automatic Train Control": youtu.be/7W-LonNTVC4 or vimeo.com/191761912
* Earlier O-gauge TWO Trains: Video #826, "Auto. DCC Control of Two MTH PS3 Diesels on Same Loop, w/Pushbutton for PUBLIC Operation: youtu.be/J2RWOI7htf4 or vimeo.com/378471378
BACKGROUND MUSIC CREDITS:
1 Don't Touch The Gestures
2 Envy Talked Me Out Of It
3 2 Minute Warning
person-use license from FreePlayMusic.com, Cinematic Soundtrack Volume 9: freeplaymusic.com/#/album/379
Hashtags: #AutomaticModelTrainControl #AutomaticTrainControl_DCC #AutomaticTrainControl_Ngauge
* This iMovie10 video was uploaded by JamesIngram.net .