Despite the decision earlier this year by Canoe Ventures and its cable parents to pull the plug on efforts to implement a national interactive TV advertising platform, single‐screen ITV advertising is still enjoying success on local cable, as well as on satellite and telco platforms.
This session, moderated by the executive who led Cablevision's push into interactive TV advertising (including pioneering its successful "Power 30" spots which allow viewers to telescope from an interactive ad to long‐form VOD content), will explore the current state of single‐screen ITV advertising on cable and other pay‐TV platforms, review real‐ world ITV ad campaigns in order to determine best practices and common pitfalls, identify some of the challenges still facing operators who are deploying single‐screen ITV advertising, and examine the role that this form of advertising will play going forward, in an interactive TV advertising ecosystem that now also includes emerging ITV advertising formats such as second‐screen and connected‐TV advertising.
• Barry Frey, Former EVP of Advanced Platform Sales, Cablevision (Moderator)
• Patrick Ivers, EVP, EngageTV
• Josh Martin, SVP/Director of Client Services, ID Media
• Doug McGary, CTO, Accelerated Media
• Aaron McNally, Manager, TV Ads, Google
• Chip Meehan, VP of Advanced Advertising Sales, Comcast Spotlight
• Roland Noll, Executive Director of Product Management, AT&T U‐verse
• Jeff Siegel, SVP of Global Media Sales, Rovi