Farm To Work is a partnership between organizations and their local farmers
aided by the Sustainable Food Center of Austin, the Texas Department of State Health Services, and WebChronic Consulting.
How It Works:
- Participating organizations have access to the custom made Farm To Work (FTW) online shopping cart
- Interested staff members order a basket of locally grown produce using a credit card via the a secure web site
- It gets delivered to your place of work according to a schedule where you pick it up in a bag/box you supply
- The basket of sustainably grown fruits and vegetables is determined by what's in season and ripe on the family farm for that week
- Baskets average 15 - 20 pounds of food per week
- There is no subscription fee or requirement to order each week. Participate only when you want to
- Currently participating organizations include state and city agencies, local non-profits, and private companies.
Through the Farm-to-Work project, SFC and our partners:
- Provide citizens access to fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables.
- Facilitate direct sales for family farmers.
- Promote awareness of our food system and educate consumers about sustainable food and farms.
- Offer educational opportunities for individuals and families about the importance of fresh food and nutrition.