This webinar is specifically designed for land management personnel interested in the intersection between environmental education and outdoor recreation. Join us to learn more about the current landscape of environmental education, covering the big initiatives and research impacting the field at the local and national level. It will also address current issues in the field with a focus on the role that land management personnel can play in addressing and alleviating these issues. Topics will include diversity and inclusion, public school integration, and connecting people to nature, to name a few.
1. Participants will gain a basic introduction to the field of environmental education.
2. Participants will gain a better understanding of current trends, research and issues in environmental education at the state and national level.
3. Participants will learn what role land management personnel can play in addressing environmental education and alleviating issues facing the field.
- Sarah Bodor, Director of Policy & Affiliate Relations, North American Association for Environmental Education
- Ashley Hoffman, Executive Director, Kentucky Association for Environmental Education
- Katie Navin, Executive Director, Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education