Regional partnerships with higher education institutions can be an effective and rewarding endeavor to achieve youth goals and management objectives in a way that rejuvenates staff and educates the next generation of public land professionals.
1. Consider how your management objectives can become education opportunities.
2. Reflect on the value of partnerships for relevancy and effective management.
3. Identify options for education partnering in your region.
4. Learn how to start and operate a regional educational partnership.
5. Know where to find additional resources and references.
Briget Eastep, Intergovernmental Internship Cooperative (IIC), Southern Utah University