DESCRIPTION OF PRESENTATION
This presentation will focus on understanding the unique design and operational issues associated with different camping types. As the 2017 North American Campground Report identified, different segments of the camping market desire different camping products. SORP has assembled three presenters who
are experts in their fields to discuss:
1. The suitability of different products and why you would consider them
2. How the addition of these product types changes your operations
3. Best ways to contemplate adding inventory to your sites
4. Some potential suppliers/design guidelines/associations to consider
5. Things you should think through before you add these types of amenities to your sites.
Understand the unique attributes of each camping type
Gain insight to operational issues for each site type
Understand what each camping type brings to the overall campground
Gain insight as to issues to consider as you contemplate adding these items
Identify resources to use for further evaluation.
Warren Meyer: Principal Recreation Resource Management of America
Marissa Williams: Operations and Strategic Partnerships Manager at Glamping Hub
Saara Snow: Travel Initiatives Coordinator, Adventure Cycling